Vet Assist Program
Clear Path Home Care has partnered with Veterans Home Care, a company that offers the unique VetAssist® Program*. The VetAssist® Program helps veterans and surviving spouses determine if they qualify, and then assists them in applying for and managing VA pension, known as “Aid & Attendance.
The VetAssist® Program is dedicated to helping veterans who have proudly served their country, or their surviving spouses, get the benefits they deserve.
- We help you determine if you qualify for the VA Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit.
- We assist you to identify and obtain documents needed for the application.
- We help you complete and submit the application to the VA.
- We provide your home care right away.
- We furnish an interest-free loan so you can pay for your home care while the VA processes your application.
- We monitor your application’s progress, and assist with responses to VA requests for additional information until your pension is approved.
Even after you receive your pension, our VetAssist® Program keeps working for you
- We monitor your home care, to assure that you get the services you need, on a schedule that works for you.
- We keep track of your medical expenses and help you stay in compliance with the VA, so you retain the maximum allowable pension amount.
- We assist you to file any additional paperwork with the VA.
- We’re always a phone call away if you have questions or concerns.
Getting the Care You Need
- Help with Bathing
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
- Help with Dressing
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Preparation
- Transferring to and from bed
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- Light Housekeeping
- Additional services – including help to access other community resources to improve your quality of life.
About the Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit
In 1952 Congress passed Title 38 of the United States Code, creating what we now call the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and authorizing benefits for veterans. One of these benefits is the Non-Service Connected Pension, with “Aid & Attendance.” (Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit.)
Even though the pension has been around for 60 years, very few people know about it or understand how it works. Veterans Home Care has 11 years’ experience successfully helping veteran families apply for and receive the pension. Let us help you, too.
Do You Have the “3-Ms”?
- Military: Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime*, with an honorable discharge?
- Medical: Do you have a non service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
- Money: Do you have limited income and assets? (Your home and car are exempt.)
Did you serve during one of the *VA Defined War Periods
- World War II: Dec 7, 1941-Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-Jan. 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug. 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 For veterans who served Feb. 28, 1961-Aug 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Viet Nam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for 2 years.
If you’d like to learn more, please call Private Home Care Services at 800-559-0643.